2020-03-22

Japanese Lesson with Yukki "... te motau/ te moratta"

I've got a following question, so I try to explain it.

Q:

These 3 sentences are similar, but sentence 1 and 2 mean the same?
Why would you use the “te moratta” form in sentence 2 instead of sentence 1?
Is sentence 2 more soft sounding or polite than sentence 1?


1. 父は私に車を買った。
(chichi ha/wa watashi ni kuruma wo/o katta)

 My father bought me a car.

2. 父に車を買ってもらった。
(chichi nic kuruma wo katte moratta)
My father bought me a car.

3. 父に車をもらった。
(chichi ni kuruma wo moratta)

My father gabe me a car.


A:

The sentence 2 has the emphasis, that "l got",
while 1 describes simply the fact that "father bought a car".
I could say, that the sentence 1 is, so to say, very dryiy expression, without emotion. And sentence 2 is a little bit emotional, it put the accent on "I got" and "I" could have the feeling "I am happy" or "I thank my father".
Also typical japanese expression and quite difficult to translate in european language.
But if you understand this feeling, then you understand more Japanese and japanese culture ⛩😸




1 Kommentar: