2019-08-02

Japanese Lesson with Yukki 4 命令形 (imperative form)




I teach Japanese often with online site. One of them, I recomend is this example sentences:
https://j-nihongo.com/

Here are the example sentences of  "imperative", questions of my student about these sentences and my answers.😸

命令形 (imperative form)


強盗「金を出せ!」
Robber "Take out the money!"… “Gemme your money!” ,
店員「ひえええ、強盗だ!!」
Clerk "Heeeey, it’s a robbery!!"
Q: I don’t know, what “take out money” means, just to get money from an ATM or a counter or as words of a robber.Y: it means "words of a robber".

部下「すみません、ミスをしました。」
Subordinate "Sorry, I made a mistake."
上司「何をしてるんだ!お前はもう帰れ!」
Boss "What are you doing! Go home already!
Y: ”Go home
now“would be better
Extra question: the “んだ” at the end is used to emphasize the sentence right? Since the boss is angry xD
Y:
「・・んだ」came from 「・・・のだ」, yes, it is a expression of emphasis

私「明日は試験があるんだー。」
Me "There will be a test tomorrow.
友だち「頑張れ~!」
Friend "Do your best!"
Extra question: just like the previous part, the “んだー” is used for emphasizing?

Y:
「・・んだー」came from 「・・・のだー」 in this case, it is a bit different from with the boss. Still kind of emphasis but more casual talking style.

父「今、何時だと思ってるんだ、早く寝ろ!」
Father "What time do you think it is now, go to bed soon!"
子供「はーい。」
Child “Yes”
Y: 大変 よくできました 💮

先生「台風が来てるから、早く帰れよー。」
Teacher "Go home early, because a typhoon is coming"
学生「はーい。」
Student "Yes."
先生「お前、熱があるだろ、もう帰って早く寝ろよ。」
Teacher "You have a fever, go home and go to bed early."
学生「すみません、そうします。」
Student "Sorry, I will"
Extra question: does the “だろ” in this sentence mean “might”? So “you might have a fever”?Y: はい、そうでーす

先生「次の試験で、この文法を出すから、ちゃんと勉強しておけよ。」
Teacher " Study diligently, because we ??? this grammar in the next exam."
学生「はーい。」
Student "Yes."
Extra question: what does “おけ” mean in this sentence?
Y: Imperativ of
 「・・・ておく」.
置く/おくto put, to keep, to save, to stor...“ as auxiliary (helping) verb with a main verb. Similar function like 「・・・てある」「・・・ている」「・・・て行く」「・・・て来る」
And I saw
出す has alot of different meanings, but what does it mean in this sentence?
Y: The whole sentence means: Save what you diligently studied, because I intend to put this grammer in the next exam.
ネタバレな(spoiler)先生なのです。

学生「わーわーわー!」
Student "Wow wow wow!"
先生「今、授業中だぞ、静かにしろ!」
Sensei “It’s during class you know, be quiet now!”
Extra question: What’s the purpose of particle “に” in “静かにしろ”?

Y:
静かquiet に (to point at “静かquiet “, means a direction) するdu.
しろ is Imperatiiv form ofする


Q:Does “
中” mean “during”? Y: Yes, reight. Or „we are just in class right now“.

And from what I read, “dazo” means something like “you know”? (Male speech xD)
Y:
はい そーです。and also kind of emphasis expression.

先輩「お金がないんだろ、少し貸してあげるよ。大事に使えよ。」
Senior: "You might have no money, I'll lend you a little. You can use it carefully.
後輩「すみません、ありがとうございます。」
Junior "I'm sorry, thank you."
Extra question: does the “だろ” in this sentence mean “might”? So “I might have no money”?

Y:
「だろ」came fromだろう」as a talking style. A supposition, a guess. Means like „… …, isn‘t it / …, doesn‘t it / …, aren‘t it etc. similar like „I suppose, I guess““
*And in this sentence, the subject is „
You“, not „I“. A typical japanese sentence without subject. It is impossible, that the subject is „I“, because the predicate is a supposition about the other person or thing. About „I (me) everybody kows wwell, normally, not in supposition XD.

Q: Google translate says “
大事に” means carefully, but jisho.org says “important/serious”, what does it mean in this sentence?
Y: In this case Mr.google wins! The money, which Senpai to Kouhai gives is so valuable, so Kouhai should use it carefully, bit by bit, never use au onse.



https://j-nihongo.com/imperative-fom/

1 Kommentar: